Office Assistant (finance focus)
- Fixed term for one academic year, September start
- Two afternoons a week 12.30-3pm (5 hours)
- £9.25 per hour (£10.52 inc built in holiday pay) / £1998 per year actual / £17316 full time equivalent
We are looking for an office assistant to join our friendly team, primarily working on finance jobs but also other administrative duties and office cover as required. Finance responsibilities include processing invoices and payments, issuing invoices and maintaining records of income received, loading monies due for nursery fees and wraparound care, reconciling bank statements and inputting/reconciling onto the finance system. Administrative responsibilities are wide and varied including dealing with staff, parents and children.
This is a fixed term contract for the 2019-2020 academic year working 2 afternoons a week 12.30-3pm, term time only. Ideally we would like Tuesday and Thursday afternoons however there may be some flexibility with the days/timings for the right candidate. The ability to work additional hours to cover staff absence or peak times would be advantageous. There is a possibility this will become a permanent role in the future however the school will be introducing many new IT systems and processes over the next year so this will be subject to a review of staffing requirements.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Highly confidential in nature
- Able to stay focussed in a busy environment with lots of interruptions
Experience, skills & qualifications
- Highly proficient in IT including database experience, email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent (if a non-UK qualification then a NARIC Statement of Comparability will be required at the point of application)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of working in an administrative environment as part of a team
Woodmansterne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and expects all employees to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks include an enhanced DBS disclosure, references, health check and Right to Work in the UK.
How to apply – please complete the attached application form (below) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 10 June at 1pm.
Working for us
We believe in looking after our staff to let them do the best job possible. We offer tailored and varied CPD, a focus on professional development and practices that support fair workloads. When you work at Woodmansterne as part of the teaching staff or support staff, you are part of one big team.
If this sounds like your type of school, please email Lisa Adams (School Business Manager) at email@example.com to be added to our talent pool. Include your name, the type of job you'd be interested in and any other relevant information and we'll be in touch if we have a relevant vacancy.
We belong to the Surrey Extra scheme where staff get discounts on shopping, gym membership, phones, car leasing, cinema tickets, days out and lots, lots more.
There are also tax-efficient cycle to work schemes and childcare vouchers. In addition, we hold regular staff breakfasts, wellbeing/fitness sessions and occasional nights out.
SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training)
We have a wealth of experience in supporting and developing student teachers and NQTs and experienced and dedicated mentors.
If you have secured a place on the SCITT programme via the tuition fee route and are looking for a placement school to host you, please get in touch with our Head Teacher to discuss via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently working with two SCITT providers:
- Please click here for an outline of Surrey South Farnham SCITT and details of information seminars being held in Surrey 2017-18.
- For more information about teacher training with Glyn Surrey SCITT, please see the website: www.glynsurreyscitt.co.uk
We also work with other providers so do get in touch to discuss your future at Woodmansterne.