Sport and P.E.
The P.E. Curriculum Coverage map for 2019-20 can be found here. Please note that this may be subject to change during the academic year.
Vision for PE and Sport
Sport England set out the following aim to all Primary Schools in the country:
‘All pupils leaving primary school should be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.’
Teachers at Woodmansterne Primary School aim to redefine what is possible for PE, sport and physical activity by creating a positive and inclusive culture. Physical Education is an essential part of a child’s educational development. Starting with the individual, our teachers strive to create exciting opportunities for all children to make physical activity and well-being an important consideration at the forefront of their minds.
‘Igniting a lifelong passion for physical activity in all.’
‘Be sporty, be healthy!’
As a school, we aim to:
- Develop confidence, self-esteem, skills and knowledge
- Educate children to improve health and well-being
- Promote fair play and respect
- Be proud of any sporting achievement
- Provide quality extra-curricular opportunities to all children
- Challenge children to exceed themselves and excel where possible.
Located around the school, these aims are reworded to allow the children to fully understand the ethos the school is promoting. These are written below:
- To become more confident and learn new skills!
- To be healthy and happy!
- To learn to play fairly and show respect to others!
- To be proud of yourself and what you have achieved!
- To take part in a variety of activities!
- To challenge yourself and be the best you can be!
Please click here for information on Sports Premium.