At Woodmansterne Primary School, it is our expectation that every chid receives the same high-quality curriculum regardless of their ability or special educational needs. Our school is committed to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe and secure environment, where pupils can grow, and their contributions are considered and valued
- That every member of staff is responsible, to ensure all children are treated as individuals and that each child has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, not matter what their ability
- Improve differentiation and provision for the lowest ability children
- Ensure that every child is given the right support, so they are confident readers
- Remove barriers to a child’s learning so they can grow in confidence and improve their self esteem
- Make sure all pupils are provided with work at a level that is appropriate for them and help promote a positive behaviour for learning.
- Make children’s learning as purposeful and engaging using first-hand experience.
- Provide teaching staff with the right information and guidance on how to provide the best for their pupils.
- To identify any additional needs at the earliest opportunity so the right provision can be put in place for a child.
- To work and communicate with families regularly and support them at home.
Mrs Snell is our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) email@example.com
Please click here to see:
- SEND Information Report
- SEND Provision Map
- SEND Policy
- Equality Information & Objectives Statement
- Accessibility Plan
You can find out more about the Bourne Education Trust's approach to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion here.